1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e47 tune up needed

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ftmfrank, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ftmfrank

ftmfrank Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a meyers e47 thats not working well. I had it rebuilt last year but did not work perfect after that. It slow on the lift and not all the way up. Angles work left and right. The screen is clean. When I pull the screen and the drain plug nothing comes out. I filled the pump at the top not sure where the fluid is going but does not seem to be leaking. Any ideas? Anyone work on this near Auburn Oh?

Frank

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It may be slow on lift because it needs a new pump or motor, some so called "rebuilders" just throw new seals and O-rings in and call it rebuilt.

The filter plug isn't the drain, so little fluid will come out of that port when you pull the filter. Depending on the age of the pump it may or may not even have an actual drain plug. If it does it will be right at the bottom of the cylinder tank in the front and be labeled "drain". If it doesn't have one then you have to remove the fill plug and pour the fluid out the top.

3. ftmfrank

ftmfrank Junior Member
    from ohio

Ill try flipping the pump over and see if it drains.