1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e47 st90 holding angle/turning right issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by unior, Dec 13, 2015.

1. unior

unior Member

So I got my new used e47/st90 setup on my truck. At first it was working just fine. After playing with it for awhile it started to not want to turn right especially after going full lock left. A few times it didn't even want to raise. I heard solenoids clicking when this happened but no noise from the motor running. It always goes left. Usually if I walk away for a minute and then try again when its acting up it will work properly.

I also notices at times that it wasn't holding angle to the left unless at full lock.

Not sure if I have one problem or 2 problems.

I hear a lot about these crossover valves but the motor wasn't running when the blade wouldn't angle.

2. unior

unior Member

Well per meyers site - I tightened up the gland nuts on the rams a bit. Now the rams only move about an inch when I push on the moldboard...IDK if this is acceptable play or not? Havn't tried plowing with it yet. I'm guessing my toggle switches are faulty gonna have to do some more testing as lately they have been behaving.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I heard solenoids clicking when this happened but no noise from the motor running

Need to start there IMO. And your hearing the motor solenoid clicking and no motor movement, need to test light the output side, then at the motor for power