1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer E47 questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by adkplow, Jan 27, 2007.

1. adkplow

adkplow Junior Member

Hi
    I am new to the site and already have learned alot just from reading the Q's and A's. Very helpful..my trouble is this; my plow worked fine last year, it worked again earlier this year. We had a big storm coming so I checked the fluid, not knowing it shouldnt be all the way to the top full, so when I started it up again, of course it pee'd alot of fluid out of the bleeder valve on top. Then I parked the truck with the plow UP for some reason, (I always left it in the DOWN position) The next day it wouldnt go dow, and it hasnt since. I emptied the cylinder by removing the drain plug, and while it was emptying out near the end I started to fill it at the top until the color of the fluid coming out was the same as what I was putting in. Again not knowing it shouldnt be full up to the top, when I started it up and moved it LEFT and RIGHT, it worked L and R and pee'd alot of fluid out agin. It still wont go down. I called around and learned how to take out the B solenoid and valve, which I did and the plow in the OFF positin came down. I put it all back together, and now it still wont go down but it goes UP LEFT and RIGHT. It wanted to go LEFT on its own when I had the valve out, and it is mushy left and right now too..meaning I can push it by hand Left or Right. Sorry for the long question....but how do I bleed the air out, and do I need anew A solenoid/valve to fix it to go DOWN?
    Thanks alot!!

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Cpw has the best troubleshooting guides out there to fix it you need to see if you have 12 volts to the coil so it can release the valve to go down (black wire) on cpw's site you have to sign in and go to troubleshooting tab and find the e-47 wiring under meyer wiring all
    link
    http://www.centralparts.com/Login.aspx?ReturnURL=/Literature.aspx