1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E47 Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by F550SNOWAY, Mar 7, 2008.

1. F550SNOWAY

F550SNOWAY Junior Member
    from PA

So a buddy of mine bought a 1992 Chevy K2500 with a meyers e47 on it. had it a few weeks then it stopped working.....he asked me to look at it.......I didnt get any "clicking" at first.....so I cleaned the ground connection and things started "clicking" again but no life. So I tested the 3post relay in the engine compartment. The relay was only hot on the plug connected to the battery....nothing was hot on the other 2 posts even when he moved the controls......So I took the cable off the post that lead to the motor and tapped it to the battery.....the plow came to life......so i told him to get a new 3post relay......so he did.....but it didnt fix the problem....everything is still the same....Can anyone throw a dog a bone.....I dont know meyers very well
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the small wire on the solenoid (should be white) for 12V power with one of the control functions pressed (up, left or right). I think you'll find it isn't supplying 12V on that small wire from the controls. Most likely due to the controls not having power themselves.

Check the control harness under the dash, should have a single black wire coming out of it heading to a 12V keyed power source (usually to the fuse panel). See if you have power in that wire. May have slipped out of the fuse panel or the in line fuse my be blown or corroded.