1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e47 plow wont angle

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chevyplowguy97, Jan 10, 2009.

1. chevyplowguy97

chevyplowguy97 Junior Member

Hi I am new to having a plow and i have a problem. I cant get the plow to angle at all. the motor runs. I had a seal kit put in it the switches are functioning properly. I have put all new fittings and copulers on it. If i take the hose off the ram on the passenger side it will angle to the pass side. But if i hook the line up and try and angle it to the driver side it wont angle till i take the hose off the driver side. Could the crossover relief valve cause this? I took mine out but i cant tell if its bad. Can anyone help with my problem?
  2. the_experience

the_experience Member

I'd be willing to put money on you getting some poor quality couplers. I JUST fought with this at the shop I work at yesterday with a rebuilt E-47. We bought 3 different couplers from the parts store we share the building with and all of them acted as check valves. The plow would go one way, but not the other. I ended up tracking down a S.A.M. coupler and that did the trick.

By the way...this particular forum is for pictures, not technical questions. ;)