1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer e47 makes noise but wont rise

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowbie, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

i'm glad i only do my own driveway because i would have been in trouble this morning. my wires were all icy and tough to connect. the main ground especially had lots of ice in the rubber boot making it next to impossible to get on (finally used a torch close to it which helped).

anyway. got everything to work for half a sweep, then tipped the plow which shook everything up and it stopped working.

re-hooked everything up and now it will only drop, it appears it would angle (its down but it started to move), BUT when i try to bring it up it only makes the normal noise it would make if it was raising but it does nothing.

any ideas?
  2. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

3. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

try changing fluid, you may have an ice clog. put a little isopropyl in the tank.
    maybe? :waving:
  4. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

Called home this afternoon and had my wife go out and hook everything up and try it and its working again. I picked up meyer hydraulic fluid today and 1ill change it before this weekends possible snow. Is there any way to change the fluid in the hoses?
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Well just have you wife hook it up from now on!!!!Rob
  6. mrshep68

mrshep68 Junior Member

lift plow off ground and remove couplers and push plow back and forth to push old fluid out.

lower plow change fluid in pump and leave couplers loose and move plow back and forth with the pump to bleed air from hoses and cylinders
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  7. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Put rags over the loose couplers so the fluid doesn't spray everywhere. Don't do it on the nice new clean garage floor!