1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E47, Left turn only help please

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by garr_trenching@, Jan 26, 2009.

1. garr_trenching@

garr_trenching@ Junior Member

Greatings all, we have a old E 47 we are having trouble with . It is our backups ,backup and do to trans issues we need it. The plow has issues as stated moveing only to the left. Up and down and float are good. All the valve coils are new so I am stumped. Thank you in advance ,David.

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

So everything works except angle to the right. Right angle uses the C valve. Is the C coil magnetized when you hit the right angle? Even if the coil is working the valve itself may be stuck. Here is the manual, it's got a troubleshooting section in it... http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562%20R16.pdf

3. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Sounds like a bad C valve. I would take it out, clean it with some kerosene and air dry it off. then put it back in. It should fix your problem. That is if, it getting magnetized. Let us know. Left angle is a default to your system. If you have magnetism and valve is cleaned, I would check your quick disconnects.

4. garr_trenching@

garr_trenching@ Junior Member

I checked for 12 volts to the coils while buddy cycled the switch, all had power. The C vale is the one with the green wire ? Is there any disassembly on that valve.? We didn't think about the disconnects, will look at that in the mornng, thanks

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Take a screwdriver and hold it close the top of the C coil. If it has magnetizism it will pull it down to it. Yes it is the GREEN connector. If you do have magnetizism you need to take the valve out and clean it or replace it.