1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E47 Issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dcrent, Jan 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dcrent

dcrent Junior Member

I have an older (1995) E47 it was rebuilt 3 yr ago. Plow raises and angles very slow. The latest issue was the plow did not raise or angle at all. I let it sit over night and everything was fine. Battery and alternator are good. Could this be a motor problem?

2. huss691981

huss691981 Member

first, is the oil level full. Second are the coils magntised. Third, Is your battery good. If all those seem to be ok, then check to see if your filters and main screen in the sump base are clean or full of crap. If they are dirty, then ovver night the fluid seeps through the screens and then it will work, but then the pump starves for fluid and then the blade will not move. Let me know. Mike

3. dcrent

dcrent Junior Member

Mike - thanks I'll look into the filters, I going to replace them anyway as long as I am looking. Battery ans alternator are good, any thoughts on the speed issue?

Dave

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Sounds more like a Hydraulic fluid problem, water contamination, Drain the pump entirely, pull your couplings of the angle hoses and completely drain your cylinders by pushing them bac and forth, reconnect, fill pump with Meyer Fluid flush, cycle it a few times, drain the system again, replace filter refill with Meyer yellow or blue fluid, I bet you'll find a world of difference.

5. huss691981

huss691981 Member

as far as the speed issue. as nascar24 said, if the fluid is watery, new fluid will help a lot. 2., if the filters are cloged then the pump will have trouble transfering fluid through them, slowing the pump down. After those issues you have restrctions in the angle hosesm, couplers and or rams for left and right. For lifting, restrctions in main pump screen, packing cup going bad, bad base ram base o-ring, but those would also cause the blade to "leak down" slowley. Weak eletric motor, then weak hyd pump. Mike