1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E47 filter locations ??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PAGE2004, Dec 23, 2009.

1. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

Other than the two filter screens located just under the fluid pump which are removed from outside the pump housing .... is there a filter screen that is removable from inside the pump reservoir ?

Im studying this exploded view from the Meyer site but can't find it .

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-523%20R17.pdf

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Yes...there is a filter at the bottom of the reservoir....it is about 2 in long, just a piece of mesh formed into a tube.

#25 on your diagram

3. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

hi there .i'm new to meyer plows myself .how does 1 change these 'did a flush already ;?

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

You have to pull the top off of the reservoir/lift ram....3 bolts.

5. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

ok thanks will give it a whirl

6. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

I went through this unit today .. and cleaned alot of sludge from the reservoir and inner filter screen ....

While I had the assembled E47 on the bench , I tried hooking 12 volts to the electric motor and grounded via the pump housing and got nothing ... is this normal ???

PS- today before I removed the E47 from the truck ... the motor was working .

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  7. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

12 volts from a battery or a battery charger?

A trickle charger wont have the amps to run it.....a battery should have

8. PAGE2004

PAGE2004 Senior Member

I used my big charger on wheels ..... industrial charger for cars + trucks .

I also removed the motor from the base and used a screwdriver to make sure the motor moves freely and it did... but after re assemble to the pump ... the 12v charger did nothing.

Maybe my charger was frozen ... its really cold in the garage.