1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E47/E60 safeguard/emergency repair info.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dave_dj1, Jan 14, 2011.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I just wanted to share a couple of things I did to my E47 today.
    I had a small leak around the top wiper seal, and a slower than normal reaction time on the plow. I took it apart this morning and after searching 150 pages of Napa online, I was able to come up with a seal that fits quite well. I'm not sure if it's the correct one or not but I figured I would throw it out there in case someone needed one to get by until a suitable replacement arrived. (Napa part number NOS11123), the specs on this are as close as I could tell a good fit. Luckily for me I had a spare green O-ring for under the top cap , the one I took out was flat on one side.

The second thing I noticed was the electrical connections on the pump were already starting to corrode, I just put this on my truck about 3-4 weeks back and I was very careful in making sure that all the studs and bases were good and clean. I cleaned them again today and after I reassembled them I sprayed them with PERMATEX battery terminal protector, it's a spray on application. http://www.permatex.com/products/au...tenance/Permatex_Battery_Protector_Sealer.htm

All works well now, no leaks and quick acting plow!
    Hopefully this might help others avoid some down time.