1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e47 crossover pic

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 68bullit, Feb 3, 2003.

1. 68bullit

68bullit Member

i just pulled my crossover valve and it appears there is a round disc or something missing at the top end of the spring.

does anyone have a good pic of a disassembled crossover valv e and the way they are reassembled?

thanks paul:realmad:

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I got the repair book on the e47 and it shows how to take it down and put it back together.Worth the $5 at the truck parts distributer.All I know about the cross over valve is it has a log of orings.I looked and it is a spacer there is no part # for it but the whole kit is #15606 for the e47 and e47H.

3. 68bullit

68bullit Member

yes i have the repair manaul here in front of me but cant make out whats all the.the pic is little and dark in the lower right hand corner.

what my problem is is my plow wont lift and i called the plow repair shop and they blamed the crossover.

i took it apart and looks like this small disc is missing.this plow has been sitting for years and m trying to get it working again.

thanks paul

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I'm curious did you drain it and refill with fresh fluid?I know it's a stupid question but any water inside the unit and it will not move.
    Have you checked the coil ?black wire i think.

5. 68bullit

68bullit Member

heres some of the things ive done.

last year i replaced the electric motor and bough the repair/o-ring kit and installed it.

this year i replaced the fliud-
    -replaced the C valve(front valve)
    -checked all the coils to see if they work(to do this i remopved the valves to see if they click.

-checked my line pressure at the angle ports and are about 1700 psi(book calls for 1650 plus or minus 50 psi)

-wanted to check pump pressure(3800psi)but guage only goes to 2500 psi

-i have a minor leak on the right pa cylinder at the gland that will be repaired tomorrow

6. phishoook

phishoook Member

I just got done replacing all the valves in the solionoid block except that one, the dealer did say it was like $58. If that's the problem, I'd just replace the whole thing.

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

sorry about the size but he wanted it blown up:D

[​IMG]

if you need a closer blowup let me know, I can go 1200 x 2400:D

~Nate~

8. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The cross-over has nothing to do with raising the plow. Possible "A" valve (black wire) is stuck open or the "B" valve (red wire) is not operating when you hit the raise switch. The cross- over is for holding the angle on the plow.