1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e47 c valve question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dwilken, Dec 13, 2015.

1. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

i just bought an old rig to plow driveway. is a meyer e47. won't go left or right. guy who sold it to me says valve is sticking. solenoid works, got magnetic pull. my problem, the thread on the valve stem which holds the nut which holds the coil on is peened over. i can't unscrew the nut and lift solenoid off. what happens if i spin nut, stem and all. will i be wrecking something inside????

2. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Carefully split the nut with a hack saw.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

if a slick stick make sure it is working...can not be rough on them...check connections, have someone operate and wiggle test them, be careful

4. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

thanks

thanks guys, gonna work on it tomorrow

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

No left or right is not a valve issue. Pump only needs the motor to run to go left. Need to check quick connects, especially if pump sound like it is under pressure. Check crossover and pilot check valve. Guy on here recently had same issue on a new to him pump and pilot check was missing.

But to answer your other question if you snap the stud off the top of the valve, the valve will need replaced. If you do manage to get the nut off add some anti-seize before reinstalling.

6. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

changed c

i had to cut the stud so i replaced the c valve and coil. nothing changed. the plow jumps (trys to move) when i stick right, but can't go any where cause it's far right already. when left, nothing. can hear motor/pump. what if i switch the quick connect hoses. if it's one of them, will i lose my up and down but gain right and left.?????

7. kimber750

With the blade up can you angle it by hand? Are you sure your hoses are hooked up correctly? Up and down circuitry is completely internal, no changes to hose will affect these features.

1111.jpg

8. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

yes

yes hoses are hooked up as in the pic. no i can not turn plow by hand. haven't had time to look at anything else as it's been raining last couple of days.

9. kimber750

Try connecting the hoses together then try moving the plow. Need to get the blade back to center so you can see if it is actually moving since you said it is stuck hard right. You can also try hooking the hoses up without the quick connects to eliminate them as a possible cause.

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

might be a coupling issue if not try.
    put the left side of the blade against a pole. while holding the switch put some pressure on the plow by putting the truck in gear. maybe its stuck

11. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

did it

tried the telephone pole this morn. nothing budged. i have to assume it worked at one point. i bought it from a landscaping/snow removal company. they rebuilt the pump middle of last season. hoses look brand new.

12. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

to connect the hoses together, you mean disconnect them each and then connect them to each other with a coupler???? sorry for my silly questions, hydraulics is the one thing i've never worked on. i'm an HVAC refrigeration, pipefitter guy.

13. kimber750

Yes, hook the hoses to each other. This should allow the blade to be moved by hand. If you still can't move it it could be coupler issue, binding in plow or rams. Has the plow ever angled with this pump?

14. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

yes

yes the plow has angled with this pump. original set up, old system with new hoses and rebuilt pump. i had a hell of a time getting hoses off. once off, i could not connect them to each other. had to push ball in on one hose to get it back on original fitting. tried to hook them together again after pushing ball in to relieve some pressure. still couldn't get them together. makes me think that hose is blocking things.or should i go to pilot piston????

15. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Take the hose couplers off the angle cylinders and see if you can move it.

16. kimber750

If they are the ball type coupler they are junk, you want the pin style.

17. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

can't

can not move it with hoses off

18. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

crossover relief

just took cross over relief apart- found broken spring. , screwed the main asseambly up getting it out. it had been stripped. ordering whole assembly. will let ya's know

19. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

new crossover kit- no luck

just installed the new crossover kit. still no left. next is couplers i guess. don';t know how to check pilot/check valve

20. kimber750

If you are building pressure in the lines I wouldn't worry about the pilot check. Take the couplers off and connect the hoses directly to pump and rams. If the plow will now angle the couplers are the problem. But most important is you need to get the plow back to center at the least so you can see what it is doing. Stuck hard right makes it hard to diagnose.