1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e47 blowing left angle cylinder

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by pt48653, Feb 23, 2009.

1. pt48653

pt48653 Junior Member

Would this problem be in the crossoverrelief? It has happened 3 times all with the left cylinder???

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

cylinder

what's it doing exploding the cylinder ? if so it may be set to high .

3. pt48653

pt48653 Junior Member

Yes the cylinders split!

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

split

i would definitely check the pressure Raleigh setting ! it should relive before catastrophic damage happens,that's what it is supposed to do .

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A bad quick coupler will cause the same issue. The extreme pressure shifts the check ball in the coupler...blocking the fluid from escaping. I'd change the QC before I touched the crossover.

6. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

That's what it was with mine!(burst hose, not ram) I put a new set of SafeWay www.safewayhyd.com quick couplers on, and that cured it. :salute:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  7. pt48653

pt48653 Junior Member

Don't have quick connects-just direct connected industrial hoses so it has to be crossover.