1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer e47 angles right when raising

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BigDeel, Dec 5, 2011.

1. BigDeel

BigDeel Junior Member

Hello to everyone.
    When I raise my 80's Meyer e47 it goes to the right. Trying to use the diagnostic, chart it asks does plow go left. Mine goes right. Would the A valve being stuck open cause this? Plow does angle right and left when trying to. A solenoid is energized when going down. pump does run when trying to raise. I have checked all fluids and filter screens.
    Thank you for any help, Rich

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does it go up at all? I would start with the B valve.

3. BigDeel

BigDeel Junior Member

No. When you try to raise the plow, it goes to the right.

4. BigDeel

BigDeel Junior Member

If the B valve was the problem, wouldn't it go left when trying to raise?
    Or am I not reading the diagnostic chart right?

5. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

Not sure if you have followed this flow chart Can be found on Meyers Web site

Flow chart.jpg

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You have to have more than one thing wrong with the pump. Was just trying to solve one problem at a time. In the repair manual it shows how to test the valves. Since the flow of fluid has to go through the B valve before any other valve, this is where I would start. To go right the fluid passes through the B valve before reaching the C valve.

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf

page 51

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011