1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer e45 Pump stays left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JonT, Feb 3, 2011.

1. JonT

JonT Junior Member

Yesterday all was going well and then all of a sudden my plow started going to the left by its self. I can hit the button to go to the right and the plow goes right but when I let let off it goes back to the left by its self. Also the motor seems to be running all the time and it started smoking so I quickly un-pluged it. Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

2. JonT

JonT Junior Member

Sorry its an E47 not E45.

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

the only way the motor can run is if the solenoid is stuck in the "on" position, left is the default mode so it makes sense that if the motor is turning it will go left. Shouldn't be too bad to get a solenoid. While your at it might as well clean all the connections.
    Happy Wrenchin' :mechanic:

4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

It could be a stuck solenoid or you may be getting power to the small post on the solenoid all the time.