1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-60 Rebuild

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mattruck1992, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Mattruck1992

Mattruck1992 Junior Member

hey guys this is my first post and i am looking to rebuild my dad's E-60 pump. when he last used it 4 years ago he said that it had started to slow down when it would lift and angle things like that. What i am wondering is do you guys have any tips or tricks to rebuilding one of these pumps, what should i get in the order of seals, and what should i look for in the valves to see if they are bad... any help would be much appreciated

and i was also wondering if you can control the E-60 with the dual toggle switch setup i personally like those better than the pad

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Any of the suppliers listed at the top of the page have seal kits available. If the unit was slowing down it is more likely a poor power supply or improper/dis-similar fluids.

As for the duel switches you can but the unit will "slam" caused by the immediate closing of the valves. The membrane control has a "cushioning" effect allowing the valves to gradually close..

3. Mattruck1992

alright thank you

So today i started to disassemble the pump and lo and behold there was that sludge stuff and all the filters were filled with it. My new question is is that on the meyer site the part diagram said that the ram diameter changed during production. I believe that my pump is the earlier smaller version, are parts still available for this size like the packing cup and sort. Finally i was wondering if any of u guys on the fourms are parts dealers cause i really would like to be able to talk to a person and get it right the first time then order it and it be the wrong part.

I also wanted to make sure about the gear pump. If it has little resistance when it spins that means it's alright???

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can still get the parts you need if yours uses the smaller 1 1/8" bore ram. Most seal kits are equipped with the packing cup for either size rams anyway but it's also easy enough to measure it before ordering any parts if you want to be 100% sure.

5. Mattruck1992

alright thanks ordering the seal kit tonight

6. Mattruck1992

Another question for Basher... you said that if i were to change to the dual toggles it would cause the plow to slam when stopping. Will this abrupt stopping damage any of the parts or cause excess ware on the valves and such

Thanks

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It will only stop abruptly when angling to the right, but doesn't hurt a thing regardless. Just something you'll get used to.

The thing thats a bit more annoying when going from a touch pad to either the toggles or the Slik Stik is that the plow will slowly creep its way to the left the more time you raise it due to the hydraulic circuity design inherent in the pump unit that the touch pad automatically overcomes. Nothing you can do about it, just something you have to get used to by occasionally bumping the plow back to the right.

8. Mattruck1992

alright thanks. sorry for yet another question but in quality standards do the aftermarket parts for the E-60 stand up to the Meyer OEM parts??? Cause i don't know how much i am going to make this season and would like to end in the black

thanks again

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When it comes to Meyer pump units genuine OEM parts are definitely worth the added expense over the after market..dare I say...scrap. You do get what you pay for; and won't be making any money if the plow is down due to substandard replacement parts.

10. Mattruck1992

alright thanks