1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer e-60 rebuild cost

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tscape, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I hooked up my plow today for the first time this season. The hydraulics started slow, then came up to normal, then stopped altogether.

1. Do I need to bleed the air from the system? How do I do that?

2. If I need to get the pump rebuilt, what is a decent price range for that?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

angelos supply 99.00 for complete rebuild

3. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

did you drain last year's fluid, purge the rams, and install new fluid?

4. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

No, I just topped off the fluid. What exactly about not doing that would cause the system to totally fail?

Also wondering why my post count says 11 when I have posted waaaaay more than that.

5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

1 more post to see if it goes to 12.

6. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

you need to change fluid every year. how old is pump? should probably have it serviced by a pro every 2 yrs., but changing fluid you should be able to do.

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

is there any screens or filters that might need to be cleaned/replaced?

8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

the $99 at angelos supplies only covers the labor and not the seal kit, give me a call if you are willing to drive a hour and save $50 419-351-9475

9. Warriorwon

Warriorwon Junior Member

There are two filters in the E-60. Front and back of the valve assembly.Will try to post pics from service manual.(Better at mech. than computers)
    Send me your e-mail addressif its not availble on the site I might have more luck attaching it to an e-mail.

10. Big Nate's Plowing

[​IMG]

the two plugs take 11/16 wrenches

11. Warriorwon

Warriorwon Junior Member

Hope this works!! This is from my service manual

E-60.jpg

E-60 WORD.jpg

12. Warriorwon

Warriorwon Junior Member

Good Luck!!

Refill.jpg

Replacement.jpg

13. Tay

Tay Junior Member

Have you checked your A, B & C valvles and their solenoids. My C valve wouldn't make the plow go right. Pulled the sol. off and found the shaft on the C valve was bulging like a pregnet cow. The valve was shot so I replaced it and the sol. Now I', 85.00 poorer. You need to get your self the Meyer E60/60H service manual and learn to do some basic service on your own. Every time I take mine to the mechanic, it cost me a min. of 50.00/ hr labor plus parts.

Do you keep a Meyer emergency repair kit in your truck? When something goes wrong at 2 AM (a hose or one of the valves mentioned above) you should have a spare. I've learned from some terrible experiences.

As for your fluid, change it every year, clean the the filters and do all this in August. Hope this helps you out. :)

F350 w/ Meyer E60/ a salt spreader and snow blower.
    Tay

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

do caryy extra a b c stuff with you i think you need a speacial socket to get the back valve out on the e47

15. Big Nate's Plowing

TS is going to bring his pump down and we are going to go through it tomorrow and find the issue :waving:

the A valve on a e-47 requires a 1 1/8" deepwell socket ground down on the outside so it will fit in the well that the valve resides in