1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-60 Raise and Leak Down Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by monte1985, Nov 15, 2009.

1. monte1985

monte1985 Junior Member

Hi . Having a problem with a meyer e-60 plow i have . Bought the plow used and not hooked up and did not see it work . Tested it off the truck and pump and motor worked and angled left and right so i figured ok should be ok . Well got it all on the truck plow would angle left and right and it would lift the plow up a little off the ground and then drop right back down . If i lifted the plow and stopped before it dropped it would leak down . So i went to a local dealer and they said its most likely the A valve . Bought a new valve A valve and put it in and now it wont even lift the blade off the ground . But it will go up with no weight on the pump but i can still push the ram down without pressing the down button . So i decided to tear into it more . Took the motor off and opened the pump and of course all kinds of sludge in there . Took the B & C valves out and found bad orings on the C Valve . The solenoid on the C valve was hard to get off cause the part the soleniod slides over is actually bent . Well replaced the orings on the C Valve and put everything back together. Well now the plow no matter what button you press wants to angle left and it will still not lift the plow and with no weight on it im still able to push it down . Should i just buy a new B& C valve and see what happens or should i look into it more . I do know the ram is is good shape with no pitting .Also i do have magnetism on all 3 coils . Let me know what you think and thanks for your help .

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your new A valve is defective...likely stuck open. Bad out of the box or has debris lodged in it. It's not your only current issue but that's your main one so take care of that first.

3. monte1985

monte1985 Junior Member

Tried putting the old A valve back in and does the same thing . I figured maybe it woudl go back to doing the same thing as when i first got the plow

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's leaking too..that was your original issue.

5. monte1985

monte1985 Junior Member

Ill look at the new valve tomorrow and see if anything is in it . Now when i bought it they said i could not return it . Im sure they will say its not defective and wont exchange it .

6. monte1985

monte1985 Junior Member

Well did not see anything in the new valve so i got another one and still does the same thing . Is it possible its the seals around the bottom of the ram leaking by ? I didnt have that apart yet to check it out .

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure its totally possible but a leaking A valve is far more common thats why the dealer recommenced going after than first.

Need a seal kit and a few hours to do a proper reseal and cleanout as thats whats in your future..

8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

The kit for the plow leaking down is #15707sp meyer part number. Just rebuild mine in about a hour. If the stems are bent then they got hot from the coil. Just take it one step at a time. The kit has both seals for the 60 and 60h so you wil have some left over parts. Here is a old post. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=74687

e60h (Large).jpg

9. monte1985

monte1985 Junior Member

Thanks for the help so far . Im going to tear the block off that holds the valves just to make sure that those orings to the pump base are not bad and then going to pull the ram out and see what the seals look like. Just going to order a whole seal kit and go from there .

10. FreshCutLand

FreshCutLand Junior Member

Had the exact same problem we rebuilt the pump, replaced the A valve and still had the problem, turns out we had a wrong O ring in the rebuilt kit had to repack the pump with a different O ring inside the housing right at the bottom of the piston and now we have Zero problems hope that helps