1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-60 questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowser, Feb 5, 2003.

1. plowser

plowser Junior Member

Just got a used plow and the previous owner had disassembled the ram because it was leaking. I got a seal kit and need a little help. The packing cup that goes below the piston (#6 in the Meyer manual) - does the flared end go towards the piston or away from it?

Also, in the seal kit is a part I can't find anywhere in the unit or in a diagram. It's a hard black fibrous looking cup about 1 13/16 o.d with a 5/8 hole in the center. Can someone clue me in please?

Thanks, Jim
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

that cup goes down away from the piston that is what seals the cylinder an lets the ram rise under pressure.the part in the seal kit mite be a wiper seal that goes on the top of housing let me know if ya have any problems or questions
  3. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The cup 1-3/4 Dia. is not used in the E-60, it is used in the E-60H. The E-60 uses the rubber quad ring 1-1/4 Dia.. Most seal kits provide both when all you need is one or the other.
  4. plowser

plowser Junior Member

Thanks guys. Now with a little luck I might get everything back together before it snows again.

We've already hit our seasonal average of 101" at the airport, closer to 120" where I live.:)