1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E 60 questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Clint S, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Meyer E 60 questions.
    I do not plow for a living I just do my driveway. I have had this truck for a few years and it has been retired to yard and wood truck only. It seams to raise a bit slow compared to my dad's Fisher Insta act. I takes about 2.5 to 3 seconds to raise from the time I push the button. For the life of me I cannot remember how fast it was. I never really paid attention. Also what filter feeds what. The front one was pretty clean, but the back one had a clear gooey film on it. I am happy enough with the performance but just thought I would ask what some of you guys think. I plan a full dissemble this spring. I know there is a filter inside that may be gooped up too, how hard is that to get too??.
    My serp. belt chirps a little, could that add to it. I think it could as it could be slipping on the alternator. I did check and clean all the grounds.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The front filter protects the components in valve body, the rear filter only protects the A valve, and there are no internal or pre-pump filters. If the rear filter looked bad then it's time for a teardown. cleaning and freshening.

Slow(er) functions are almost always electrical related (unless it's frozen) such as a dying or internally corroded motor drawing too much current, poor cable connections or corrosion buildup between the motor and mounting plate on a single stud motor, or an under performing battery/charging system are the main ones.

It's simply due for an all over freshening.
  3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I cleaned the truck side connections and will do the pump side this weekend. The rear filter had some clear junk on it, but no dirt or debris. It is functioning pretty good, but not like new. I also know my serp belt is chirping and battery is 5 years old but holds charge good so I know everything is not up to snuff, but it is only my yard truck. I plan on a tear down this spring. The Whole E60 unit is only 5 years old. It is off the truck in the summer and does not have a lot of time on it because my retired dad does my driveway with his HD.