1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-60 problem: Won't hold up blade...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ted, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Ted

Ted Junior Member

My Meyer E-60 lifts my blade just fine but won't hold it there. I just bought this unit used so I'm trying to get it up and running. It immediately drops the blade after releasing my 'up' switch. It is not a slow (leaking down) kind of drop either. It drops pretty quickly as if my 'A-valve' is stuck in the 'open' position. Is there any way to confirm this? I've ordered a new 'A-valve' and coil...any suggestions for testing and troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. mrshep68

mrshep68 Junior Member

Sounds like a problem with your A Coil and Valve.

This valve seems to get dirt in it at times. I would pull the valve and make sure the o-rings are all good and that the valve is not stuck.

There is a trouble shooting chart at: (if u do not have the service manual)

http://www.angelos-supplies.com/parts/trouble/

Good luck
    Jonathan

3. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

meyer dropping

I have had this problem and it turned out to be a bad touchpad controller. If you hold in on the button the plow will stay up but as soon as you let off the lift button it drops to the ground. Don't know if you have this controller or the slick stik (joystick)

4. Ted

Ted Junior Member

E-60 problem

I have 'toggle' switches. One toggle for up and down another for left and right...I'll try that though, maybe I'll disconnect my 'A-valve' power wire to see if the valve will close. Thanks.

Ted

5. Ted

Ted Junior Member

E-60 won't hold up blade...

I finally tore down my E-60 and found a bad O-ring at the base of the pump, replaced the O-ring ($ .60) while I was at work, put it on my truck and went plowing that evening good as new!! Thanks guys...

Ted