1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e 60 plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mrneeley, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mrneeley

mrneeley Junior Member

hello everyone snow season is upon us and ready for all to make some money... i have couple of questions.. my plow does nothing now.. i replaced the old cyloid thats by the battery.. it just clicks plow clicks but does nothing... what are some easy fixes? i am no mechanic i am relaying info to the mechanic.. how do i test everything to narrow it down a little any helpfull advice would be gratefull for thanks steveo......
  2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Disconnect the positive lead from the plow motor, check that you get +12 to +15 volts while someone is holding the "UP" switch. If not, the problem is in the switch, wiring, or solenoid. If yes, the problem is the battery current(amps) or the motor is seized.
  3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

another common issue with those meyer e60 pumps is that the grounds usually corrode or break off. disconnect and wire brush each wire connection on the pump. also check out this site it has some how to's and common trouble shooting: http://www.meyerplows.info/