1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E - 60 just goes up / raise

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowplowingLady, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Going to take it to the Meyer Snowplow repair at Noon on BLACK FRIDAY. After shopping early!
  2. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

3. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Seeing how you already replaced coils. i would start taking a look at the touch pad. They do go bad from time 2 time.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check your fluid, the condition of all the power and ground connections. does it lower??

If it raises/lowers and angles L + R and all the connections are tight and clean then your issue is hydraulic or mechanical. make sure it does not have ATF or anything but premium snowplow fluid in it and the couplers are all tightly connected. Try it with the truck running to assure plenty of power availability.

this page will take you to the meyer hydraulics manuals pick the pump you own and download them.

5. How to test the touch pad?
  6. Yes it does lower & float light does come on. Yes it raises fast on the raise. Raises slow when it does Right & Left angle. Angles & goes up slowly at the same time.
    It has new fluid in & filters. Do not use hydro flush after changing vallves. I am thinking I should have. Used the cheap plow oil for flush from http://www.rustrepair.com/snow_plow_parts/onlinecat.htm?r=ds&p=sn-meyer & Put in Genuine Meyer Hydraulic Plow Fluid for operations.
    couplers are all tightly connected BUT is 3 year old.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So to simplify this a bit...as you angle it to the left or right it raises on its own also?

When it is raised does it stay there? Or will it leak down by itself in a few minutes?
  8. Yes it raises as it angles. Yes it stays up may goes down very very slowly Just can see it go down. I have bad eyes. Goes lower fast untill I hit lower float.
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The B valve has to be stuck partially open or the O-rings are partially missing or damaged on it. New one could have been defective right out of the box as well or you have contamination/debris floating around in the system thus causing it to hang partially open. Need to pull the valve out and check it over with a fine toothed comb. And also verify the condition of the fluid.
  10. Well with snow in forcast for Black Friday. I do not have time to Me to find the problem. So I took the Meyer E-60 to a repair shop this morning. Hoping they can get it fixed by Black Friday. I am hoping for light coating of snow for the deer hunters for Monday.
  11. WeDoSnowplowing

Putting this in the right area. Under repairs.
  12. WeDoSnowplowing

She put this in wrong area. Must be a new person.