1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer e-60 help plow raises but no angle help please

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cjjudy83, Oct 11, 2012.

1. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

I have a meyers e -60 worked great last year now this year it raises and lowers just fine but when i angle right or left it just raises i have no angle any ideas or help please i have a county inspection for plowing contract need to be 100% for it. Thanks for the help.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Could be a couple different things:
    Red wire valve stuck in the open position.
    What controller do you have - joystick, touch pad, hand-held or old style toggle switch? I've seen joystick fall apart inside and create goofy functions.

3. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

i have toggle switches ive checked all wires to them they all seem ok idk im out of ideas

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Disconnect the red and green wires at the pump. Then toggle either the raise or angle functions. If it angles left (regardless of which function you actually pressed) you have a wiring or switch problem.

However, if it still raises (again regardless of which function you press) then the B valve is stuck open. B valve is the one with the red wire.

5. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

ok great i will try that thanks for the info i will let you know how it goes

6. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

ok i tried it and it angled left so my conclusion is that the controls i tried to make from momentary switches from autozone didnt work. my touch pad took a crap so i tried to fix it fast for this inspection. thanks for all the help guess i gota spend the big bucks now for a new touch pad. thank you you saved me from chasing my tail

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's always more to the story than we're first lead to believe. :D

You can run a Meyer on homebrew toggles, just have to be the correct toggles (DPDT) and wired correctly. Helps if the raise/lower toggle has a detent for float too.

8. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

thanks for the help i just bought a meyer slick stick joy stick that controls all so hopefully this will do it i will let you know later tonight thanks much

9. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

it is alive!!!!! well th slik-stick did the job works great thanks for all the great advice and troubleshooting methods

10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

fyi...slick sticks are known for failure if you treat them rough...so be gentle on it!