1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e-60 freezes full right and left help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by big eric, Dec 14, 2003.

1. big eric

big eric Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a meyer e-60 pump on a 7.5 ft poly plow that sticks at full right and full left please help

2. big eric

big eric Junior Member
    from ohio

The plow raises fine and angles fine as long as it doesnt go to full right or full left

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Big Eric I would check and see if your plow is angling too far in either direction.
    Mainly because you are using totally differant valve funtions for each movement.
    If the center pivot pin or hole is badly worn it could give you a similar problem, but so could having the plow turn too far causing the cylinders to lock as they are trying to push straight out rather then going out on an angle.
    That's what I would check first.

:rolleyes: John.............

4. big eric

big eric Junior Member
    from ohio

Looking at the cylinders they look like they fully extend and just wont pull back . Its only 2 years old and not worn at all

5. big eric

big eric Junior Member
    from ohio

Why would a new plow angle too far i thought about welding new stops on frame

6. Garagekeeper

Sometimes it just happens.
    Have seen them be straight inline with the a frame causing the cylinder to try and push out and work against the pivot pin until you helped it along and got the plow and cylinder somewhat back in line.
    Welding addition steel to the stops may solve your problem, this is something we do because of bumper clearance when angling.
    Try a vise grip clamped on the side by the stops and see if stops the locking problem.

:rolleyes: John..................

7. phishoook

phishoook Member

no, something is wrong. Check with a dealer.

I had the same problem with my meyer last year. I wish I could remember what that problem was. But I rebuilt the whole thing so many times, I can't remember what it was.

8. big eric

big eric Junior Member
    from ohio

Any one Else have this problem or just me?

9. phishoook

phishoook Member

Are your hoses holding pressure? It could be bad couplers. If not, probably R & L solenoids.

10. Garagekeeper

Eric you aren't the only one over the years that has had a problem like this.
    Try the vise grips or tape a 1/2" nut to each stop and see if this stops your problem.
    If so and your sure the pivot bolt and the holes are inline on the sector and a-frame then weld a piece of steel onto the stop to prevent the over extending of your cylinders.
    This what I do when I have one come into the shop over extending, and was the recomended way to repair them under warranty.
    :rolleyes: John..............

11. frogman

frogman Member
    from MD

GarageKeeper,
    Thanks for the insight. The same thing happens with one of mine. It is only once in a blue moon. Seems to be after it's sat, unmoved, for a while. I just "bump" it on a tree and it goes back to normal. Hasn't done it enough (or I haven't had enough time) to look into it further. I appreciate the fix.
    Bob

12. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

My plows doing the same thing, from time to time the cylinder will lock when it's at an angle and the only way to get it to move after that is to bleed off the angle cylinder. The hyd. hose will be stiff as a board from pressure. Any ideas what causes that ?

13. Garagekeeper

Generally if you have a hose that stays underpressure after you have changed dirrection of the plow then you may have a valve; coil; coupler or controller problem.
    And I wouldn't even rule out a crossover valve that's working too soon and then sticking in the shifted position.
    You would really need to check the the "C" valve and be sure it is operating fully as it is the only valve that gets current for angling, and that's when you angle to the right.

:rolleyes: John............

14. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

prblems??

i had the same problem last year . check the quick connect couplers they go bad an hold pressure on line an wont release . my plow did the exact thing you are describing . hope it helps have a good one