1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-60 Drifting down

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bjb123, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Bjb123

Bjb123 Junior Member

The plow would drift down slowly, i found there was a bad o ring on the bottom of the ram. Very easy job to fix. Troubleshooting guide says to check the a-valve o rings first. Everything was fine on the a-valve, Next is to check the seal cup and o-ring on the ram. And thats where the problem was!! I hope this info can help somebody.:gunsfiring:
  2. Had the same problem

When it drift down. Does it angle to the Left? If so B valve. I had a bad new B valve. Here is http://www.angelos-supplies.com/Portals/0/Plow leaks down.pdf

3. Bjb123

Bjb123 Junior Member

No it didnt angle to the left, it just droped down slowly
  4. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Exactly why I switched to Western/Fisher 15 years ago. Meyers pumps always seeemed to be so finicky. Definately an o-ring/valve issue. I used to carry a space pump with me with quick connects so I could switch in a matter of minutes when I had issues. F%$# that blue fluid.
  5. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

NO NO
    Does the snow
    plow drop straight
    When the snow
    plow angles does
    it drop?
    Replace "B"
    check valve.
    Does it now hold?
    Replace "B"
    valve. Does it
    hold now?
    Replace Sump
    Are "A" valve Orings
    in good
    condition? Does
    "A" valve stem
    move freely?
    Replace O-rings
    Replace "A" Valve
    Disassemble unit, inspect Orings,
    Cylinder, Piston
    assembly. Does it hold now?
    Replace Sump

From http://www.angelos-supplies.com/Portals/0/Plow leaks down.pdf
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  6. Sound like there may be dirt in the cross over valve or the bad seal on the ram. Could be both.