1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer E-60 arm won't go down

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mickman, Dec 6, 2004.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I never had this promblem w/ my other E-60's. The lift arm won't go down when you push on it {pad is in float mode}. need to get it down to pick up plow.Is there too much fluid?Thanks for input!

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Open up the fill plug and try to push it down. When you fill it the arm needs to be all the way down...Rob

3. Goose2169

Goose2169 Junior Member

I have a E-60 with the touch pad and even when I put the control in float mode it still doesnt go down. I have to have someone hold down on the button while I puch down. Ive had the whole unit rebuilt and It still does it so I guess its normal. Try having someone push down on the pad while you push down on the arm.

Charles

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

NO that is not normal. If the plow wont hold in the float mode after pushing the down button for 2 seconds, then its not working correctly.

5. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I tried that several times. My other 2 E-60's go down after I put it in float mode by myself. This motor is from a poly meyer I bought used last year. I"m quessing it is over-filled with fluid. thanks

6. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

if that dont work, tap on the A Solenoid, i believe the black wire. That lets the plow down. Had that happen to me before, had the plow on the truck and drove it to where i need to go and plow wouldnt go down. Gave it a tap and it dropped