1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer e-60 acting up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bu1218, Nov 27, 2007.

1. bu1218

bu1218 Junior Member
    from mi

I just got my plow back on for another winter and first off bad solenoid, so I replaced and everything should be good or not. I got up, left and right like a bat out-a h#$% but can not get it to go down. It's a gravity system and I thought that rust on the inside of the cylinder maybe an issue. So I loosened the bottom plug and started to drain the hyd. oil and the plow drifted down slowly. I repeated several times and it didn't get any faster nor would it work on it's own. Any thoughts?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your "A" valve isn't opening...this is the valve that lowers the plow...it's the smaller of the three valves on the pump and it will have a black wire.

Check to see if it has magnetism with a wrench or other metal object while the controller is in the float position (key on of course)

Does it?
    If not, check for power at the black wire..
    Does it have power there?
  3. danknight60

danknight60 Member

may not be that

i had the very same thing and i replaced all the thing i should and still nothing then .......
    i got mad and hit the joy stick and hey !!!!! it went down i replaced the joy stick and everything is fine i put back all the old and saved the new parts for repairs later hope this helped