1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E 57 sucking air again

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by atclarkson, Jan 29, 2010.

1. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

Had some problems before, replaced the hoses, thought I had it licked. They aren't calling for snow for over a week so I think it's good time to try and fix this again.

Issue: Plow gets air in system somehow. I replaced the hoses because they were leaking something awful. I can bleed out the system before i go, top it up and it will last a few hours.

I've put all new fluid in, washed it all off, etc. Sometime i find fluid on the underside of the pump, but it could be from it blowing out of the pressure let off on the fill cap.

I know I've expanded the C Valve from the plowing hitting banks and angling over, Could it leak cuz of that?

Thanks

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Have you replaced the couplers ? None of my Meyers have fluid anywhere. I never get fluid out of the pressure relief . If you still have fluid on the pump after new couplers I would put a seal kit in it. takes me about 2 hours to tear mine down, clean verything and install new seals.

3. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

couplers.... for the hoses? I actually replaced the hoses with solid ones, no quick connects (they just screw into the ram and the pump, you have to get out the wrenches to disconnect them) I figured its one less thing to go wrong.

Beings I don't have that, and the rams seem to not leak, what is involved in a seal kit?

Thanks

4. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

5. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

brought it to the dealer. They put it on the test bench and ran some tests, then replaced the C valve, guess i messed it up pretty good.

couple inches on the ground, so I get to go see if it will hold up this evening

6. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

So far so good.

except the shop night tightening the fill plug enough and it coming off... they gave me a new one tho.