1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-57 Pump Questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jlgtx300, Jan 17, 2007.

1. jlgtx300

jlgtx300 Junior Member

Hi All,

I have a 1 year old Meyer 6 1/2 set-up with a E-57 pump. I just bought the plow last week from a guy who bought it brand new last year and used it 1 timel.

Here are my questions:

1. I raise, but not all the way and once I stop, it automatically goes to the LEFT for a second. What is causing this???

2. It sat outside all day and when I pulled the truck in tongiht, I went to raise the plow, the pump reved like it should, but DID NOT raise. After a few seconds later it finally did. Thoughts?????

3. I checked the pump fluid and it is only down about an inch and it is YELLOW. I thought Meyer stock fluid was BLUE.

Thanks very much,
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Might have a bad "O" ring on the "B" or "C" valve.

Bit of water in fluid that is freezing. Mine did that this morning

Supposed to be down an inch from top....I have heard of Yellow fluid........Its for one of the other brands of plow, I believe.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of controller do you have? Double toggle's,single joy stick or the touch pad? If you have anything other than the touch pad then the momentary angle to the left when you let go of the button is normal. As to your fluid,since this plow is only a year old it's probably filled with the newer style Meyer fluid as it's yellow in color.
  4. jlgtx300

jlgtx300 Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I have the Meyer touchpad controller it came with.

Could the o-ring on the B or C valve be bad this soon. The guy used the plow 1 time last year and that was all? Is the O-ring you think bad which is why it goes the LEFT for a second when I raise it partially?

Tomorrow I am going to change the fluid and see what happens.
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would start with a flush and fill. Any moisture in the system could cause problems.