1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-57 not raising and no angle

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bryansatv, Feb 4, 2014.

1. bryansatv

bryansatv Junior Member

Hi everyone. This is not my first rodeo with a meyer plow. First was my cable pump and manual angle. Then my old e-47 up and down was it with one solenoid. No angle unless you got out of the truck and did it your self. O the good old days when everything almost worked everytime because you had to do it. But now I got a 91 bronco with a E-57 with power angle. Now Im no dummy as I have rebuilt the angle cylinders the motor and know about the A valve function up and down as I have fubared some on my older truck. But B and C solenoid I am unsure of. Yes I have enough oil, yes my electrics are fine, the motor zings, no the nut between the wheel and seat are not allways there... But now my plow will not raise and no angle. Ive been battling a problem for a few weeks now with the angle not holding one one side. I fixed the seals and it worked for a few snow blasts now this. When i start plowing my lot it works fine for a few passes but then it just quits. Let it set for 15 min and you get 2-3 raises and back to nothing. Filters all good cleaned them today with some shavings but nothing to call mom about. HELP its going to snow again tomarrow...
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

A valve (black wire) is down.
    B valve (red wire) is up.
    C valve (green wire) is right angle.
    When the motor runs and NO solenoid has power it will go left. It is motor run default.
    If your motor is spinning the pump you should always have left angle.

The suction strainer is probably clogged or slimed over.
    The clue here is letting it sit and then getting a few functions. Letting it sit allows a little bit of oil to seep through. You'll have to pop the top cap off to get at it.
    http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf