1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-57 motor not functioning

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by toddon22, Sep 16, 2011.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

I have a 2003 Meyer Blade with a E-57 motor and pump. I left everything intact on the front of my truck at the end of last winter, the headlights, motor, and pump. Everything worked fine the last time I used the plow, and today I went to raise it and nothing happened nothing from the motor. Checked all my connections and everything is correct and connected, could something have happened during the summer while I wasn't using it? Could the solenoid just go on its own? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks a lot
  2. cowbell247

cowbell247 Junior Member
    from Indiana

It can be either a solenoid or a badly corroded ground wire. Try taking your contacts off and sanding them and shooting some dielectric grease or spray on them before reassembling.