1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-57 motor not functioning

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by toddon22, Sep 16, 2011.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

I have a 2003 Meyer Blade with a E-57 motor and pump. I left everything intact on the front of my truck at the end of last winter, the headlights, motor, and pump. Everything worked fine the last time I used the plow, and today I went to raise it and nothing happened nothing from the motor. Checked all my connections and everything is correct and connected, could something have happened during the summer while I wasn't using it? Could the solenoid just go on its own? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks a lot
  2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I would start with all ground connections, clean and check them. Could it be mice?
    Also there may be a fuse for the control unit (touchpad or switch panel)
  3. toddon22

toddon22 Member

I checked all fuses they were all good. I will check all ground connections first and then check back. Mice? You mean maybe they got in there and chewed up some wires, I'll check for that. Thanks a bunch
  4. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Does your touch-pad/stick light up?
  5. toddon22

toddon22 Member

No I've never had any lights on my control stick. All my ground connections look good. Anything else that could go wrong when I'm not using it? The solenoid maybe?
  6. bossman34

bossman34 Member

Did you just look at the fuse or did you use a test light? That would tell you if the pump was getting power. Sometimes electric motors hang up and tapping on them will get things moving. But again testing for power and where you have it and where you dont will tell you what the problem is. You need to eliminate each part of the power and ground circuits. So pick one and keep going until you find the issue.
  7. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

test to see if you have power to the solenoid, have someone push the control and use a test light. If you hear the solenoid clicking, I would look at the motor itself. It could need a good cleaning or replacing.
  8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

of course you had the key on!!!! check the wire to the ign circuit, with the inline fuse
  9. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

have you checked for corrosion on battery terminals, and under hood solenoid?.