1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 Won't Lift or do Anything.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Larry45, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Larry45

Larry45 Junior Member
    from Canada

My Meyer E-47 won't lift or do anything. It always worked fine but today it just won't do anything. I can hear a clicking sound when I push the raise switch but there is no sound coming from the motor. Seems like there is no power getting to it. It's the same thing when I try the left to right angle, just a clicking sound but nothing from the motor. The motor is only a couple years old & I never had any problems with it before. Anyone know what this problem may be? Thanks.

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I'm no expert but the first thing I would do is check the connections at the motor and check the grounds. Then I would use a set of jumper cables and put power directly to the motor from the battery to see if the motor is any good.

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Jump across the solenoid to make sure it is not that, and then start taking your grounds loose and cleaning where they bolt on with sand paper and then dielectric grease and then put them back together. I bet will be something simple, keep us all posted and we will help you get it going again.

4. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

try cleaning the connections and make sure they are tight.i had similar issues likes this last wk with my e60 and come to find out i had a bad seal allowing fluid into the electric motor.good luck:drinkup:

5. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

as everyone has said before me, check all the connections, ground, power. it could also be a bad motor, was the motor heating up and smoking before it died? if so sounds like it may have seized.

its something either electircal connections to the motor, ground or solenoid or a bad pump
    shouldnt be too bad of a fix

6. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

If its just making a clicking noise replace the solenoid

7. Mahumba

Mahumba Junior Member

Water most likely has gotten into your motor. This will prevent it from operating. Some say to tap it with a hammer to get it going. DON'T DO THIS! I did that and had the magnets break inside the casing and I didn't hit it very hard.

Remove the red power wire. It's one nut. Make sure it doesn't hit the frame of the plow. (Nothing should happen but just be safe)

Loosen off the two top bolts. Do this very carefully to avoid snapping them. Don't pull the bolts out just loosen them off until the threads are out. Now remove the motor but be careful as the motor is now in three pieces and the bolts will keep everything in line. If you can screw on a nut on one of the bolts so you can move the motor without it coming apart.

Bring it into a warm place and let it sit for a bit. Once it's warmed up, test it by using jumper cables. Connect the positive to the power bolt and touch the negative to the bottom of the motor. The motor should spin like crazy!

Ice builds up in these motors if you do not apply a little silicone to the heads of the bolts. The snow melts ontop of the motor and leeches in through the bolt holes. It then freezes and stops the motor cold! Just a pun there..

Anyways if your motor still does not work, check the brushes at the top. These are easy to change.

Let us know if you get it working.

Roger

8. Larry45

Larry45 Junior Member
    from Canada

Thanks alot Guys. It seems to be working fine again now. Seems the problem was the Motor Solenoid under the hood. There was one wire going to it that was rusty and not making a good connection. I cleaned up all the wires and reconnected them. Now it's working ok again. Just hope it keeps on working. Once again thanks for all the replies, it really helped me out.