1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 Stays On

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jjw13k, Dec 5, 2008.

1. jjw13k

jjw13k Junior Member

I am new to the world of snow plowing, so thank you in advance for your answers and taking the time to do this.

I bought a used snow plow which I was aware that it could have problems and I am willing to do the work necessary to get it going. My e-47 motor stays on when I connect the power wire to the battery terminal. This is supposed to work only when I lift the plow? Correct? What could be the problem? My thought is on of the two solenoids have gone bad. If that is the case, anyone know where to pick those up for a good price?

Thank you,

Josiah - Denver, CO
  2. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

you do have a solenoid in between the plow motor and the battery, right? if you do already have a solenoid in that power circuit, then it's shot. in either case, run to an autoparts store and grab one (I just ask for a 1974 bronco starter solenoid)