1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 Snowplow Lifting Issues!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by agath01, Feb 28, 2013.

1. agath01

agath01 Junior Member

I have a Meyer E-47 plow. I Replaced the plow motor, still using the old pump. Side to Side action seemed to work, but has trouble raising and lowering. So I replaced the rear solenoid assembly. Also I flushed and replaced all fluids even in the cylinders.

The plow doesn't raise properly and drags down the engine. The Side to Side action works, but when using the main lift the plow turns to the left and occasionally will lift.
    My Best luck with getting the plow to raise is by lowering the plow, then raising it.

It appears to be a sticky valve or something. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic first make sure oil is full . check and make sure b coil is good .if it is pull b valve clean blow out with air stick small screwdriver in bottom and make sure valve not stuck. replace the seals put in try it .also pull filters clean if you just flush pump you might of stured up the gunk in it and also internal filter might be plugged up also . it dont take as much presser to go back and forth. also need to check pump presser, should be at 1650 psi .:waving: