1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MEYER e 47 SLOW on the lift

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ROYALT91, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Anyone ever have there e47 meyer pump become slow and not even be able to lift in a pile of snow. it angles fine obviously becasue it doesnt take as much power to go left and right. i just installed a new motor last year and i did the master seal kit on the unit. i think it is my pump, that it just has had enough after 12 years of work. if anyone knows about this type of problem let me know what you did. thanks
  2. County Plow Eq.

County Plow Eq. Junior Member

if you can check the pressure on angle with gage it will tell you if pump pres. is low, you can get a little out of the acorn on the back but not likly , you should have about 1500 lbs.,if you do then the problems in the b-valve is sticking closed or packing cup inside is weakand the o-ring at bottom of ram could have not seated. good luck
  3. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Fixed My Slow Pump

I bought a new pump and rebuilt the motor why i had everything apart. It works great, dramatic increase on speed.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there is a guy you he rebuilds pumps for 300 with a core so thats cool