1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fordracer, Dec 17, 2003.

1. fordracer

fordracer Junior Member

Hi Everyone.. I'm new here and have been looking through lots of posts trying to find out some info about all of the trouble I've been having with this pump. Let me start off by saying I bought is used (apparently junk) off of Ebay and I knew I was in for a treat when I first hooked it up and it wouldn't angle to the right. So I replaced the following parts in this order:
    1. A, B, and C Coils (still didn't work right)
    2. Replaced couplers and lines
    3. Changed Cross-over valve (Angled good for 1 plow job then stuck to the left)
    4. Took out the C Coil
    5. Pushed up on the plunger and put it back in and now it angles to the right but not to the left...
    6. Took pump off of truck, put on work bench to drain fluid and when I took the plug out it was built full of pressure and shot fluid clear across the garage!:eek:
    We have been getting lots of snow and I am getting so disgusted with replacing parts on this thing (Especially when I just found out I could have bought a new E-60 for nearly the price I've spent in replacements parts for this E-47!:( )

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

try here:

http://www.***********************.com

here is a wiring diagram from a different source:

http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?p=sn

best of luck, I have an E-47 with a 4 spring, 8 footer with wings. love the plow...I've never had problems through the season & it has made me a bunch of $$. Hopefully you can get it going without too much trouble.

This can't be emphasized enough: check your ground! It can cause some really strange things!

3. maintenanceman

maintenanceman Member

I had a similar problem. Found that the "c" valve was sticking inside. I could push it up and it would work for a while and then stick again. Did you change the entire valve or just the top selonoid (magnet). I also found that the used pump I bought was being filled with standard hydroloc oil and i think that probably gummed up the valve in the first place. I also ended up replacing the o-rings on the a valve because I was trying to get the blade to angle back. You may want to check them as well.

4. fordracer

fordracer Junior Member

Thanks for the advice.. I went out and cleaned the pump several times. (It did look pretty bad) I put everything back together and still nothing:confused:
    I shelved it for now, until I get spare time to take a better look at it and try to figure it out then..
    I went and bought a Western 7'6" Pro Plow that is in barely used shape and only 2 years old for $1,500 off of a local car dealer that sold a truck and the guy didn't want the plow with it..
    So, I have my day planned out for me tomorrow to make the switch... Got the guarantee that it will work great for me.. Guess only time and more snow will tell:D
    Thanks Again,
    Dan

5. lohr

lohr Junior Member
    from 18411

Look over your angle gylinders if the packing is not good those cylinders can suck air in causing the cylinder to lock up.You can go crazy thinking it is the pump but alot of times it is bad angle cylinders. good luck