1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47- Pump Rebuild

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by qcprc, Nov 6, 2006.

1. qcprc

qcprc Junior Member

I'm attempting my first rebuild job on an E-47 Meyer Pump Asy. The Ram Asy has a few pits on it. Should I replace it or can I get by scuffing them down with some emery paper?
    Also, does anyone have a diagram or picture of the ram asy put together. I have the Meyer manual and schematic but that doesn't exactly what I need to see. I just want to make sure I put the ram asy seals etc back in the right order and they aren't upside down etc. Mine was completely in pieces when I took it apart. The cyl is fine though.

Any additonal thoughts or concerns with this rebuild, please let me know...:gunsfiring:

2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

I would definatly replace the ram it is not worth puting a pitted one in a huge proble with that pump is freezup and it takes water in those pits even tho they are small
    And what picture are you looking for?

Jeen
    484-955-0350

3. qcprc

qcprc Junior Member

Since I'm working on the ram/piston. I just want to make sure I put this asy back together correctly being that it was all in pieces when I took it apart. So if I could see an actual picture of the piston and master seal that would be great, otherwise the meyer diagram kind of shows everything but pics are much better.

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

What is your Email I dont know how to add pictures on here

5. qcprc

qcprc Junior Member

I sent my email to your info email address off your website. Thanks.