1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E 47 pump and plow install

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dean3326, Oct 11, 2015.

1. dean3326

dean3326 Junior Member

I have an E47 pump hooked up on the bench motor runs all solenoids activate the control switch seems to control all the correct movements. With this hook up should the up ram move? it does not. Thoughts on a possible problem or does it need the weight of the mold board?
    On plow install I'm fabricating a mount from a previously used mount set and putting it on a 98 F150 I have the A frame at the recommended height what are the height spec for the top of the lift frame? Is there a height requirement for the bottom of the blade when up to the ground? I have looked at other setups and these dimensions seem to vary greatly.

Thank you

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ask MJD to move to the Meyer thread

If everything is working properly the lift ran should go up.

3. dean3326

dean3326 Junior Member

Should I then consider since this unit has sat for a long time the ram is stuck or frozen in the cylinder? Could there be other problems such as a valve etc..?

4. dieselss

Are you grounding the entire unit? I know meyer uses the whole assm as a ground.

5. dean3326

dean3326 Junior Member

yes it is grounded and as I stated all electrical components seem to be working as I go through the different functions each relay activates and the motor runs I just changed and refilled the fluid.

6. dean3326

dean3326 Junior Member

I'm not great at typing would the possibility of speaking to you on the phone be an option? If so forward your number and a convenient time to call
    Thanks

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Need to make sure the B valve is shifting. Even with bad seals the ram should come up without any weight on it.

8. dieselss

Was waiting for the Meyer guru to chime in.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

:laughing::laughing:

Many things it could be but start simple first. I have seen motors put together backwards, missing o rings and other things.