1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 Leak

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lomar29, Dec 22, 2003.

1. lomar29

lomar29 Junior Member

Hi everyone;

New to plowing , only doing small jobs for family and friends. I have a jeep wrangler with a meyer E-47. I have a small problem that creaped up on me. I did a search on the site, but havent found the answer. I recently had to replace the c valve and the two angle cyclinders. It was working great for a few weeks, now all of a sudden it will blow fluid thru the pressure relief valve on the cap. i drained the fluid and checked the filters, can it be just air in the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Oh this is a great site, i have reading thru all the post and found great info.

2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

your fluid level could be too high.
  3. lomar29

lomar29 Junior Member

Ok here's a stupid question about refilling it, is the lift cylinder suppossed to be fully extended or retracted when adding fluid. When i filled it , the cylinder was in the down position and I only filled it to 1-1/2” below the filler hole. Thanks for the help again.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the arm is supposed to be down if you over fill it,it will come out of the vent hole
  5. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I don't know for sure, but my next step would be to take all three vavles out, and clean them. You could even take out those little valves on the right side of the pump, literally on the side. They are called cross over valves. I don't know what they do, but anything that fluid moves through should be cleaned. It really sounds like there is a clog or something, somewhere.
  6. windmill

windmill Senior Member

For a couple of dollars you might want to change the valve first. Mine was staying open and blowing fluid. Bought a new valve, no more problem.