1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 intermittent angle problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rrfd43, Dec 21, 2008.

1. rrfd43

rrfd43 Junior Member

I have an e-47 power unit that has a new feature. It from time to time gets stuck at angle. It is more frequent when it is hard left or right, but occasionally gets stuck at any angle. The motor runs, but the pump gets bound. It does raise and lower fine. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to clear, other times it if I rock the switch left and right a few times it clears. It will lock randomly: sometimes one after the other, sometimes just once, and other times about every 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure it is a sticky valve, check, or relief. Is there anything common for this before I just randomly throw parts at it? It is used only for small driveways, but is quite old. C-valve is for angle, but I'm not sure if it could be the pilot valve. Pilot valve looks to be clean and damage free.