1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 Headscratcher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 350pusher, Dec 21, 2004.

1. 350pusher

350pusher Junior Member
    from WI

Hello gang,

So I'm all set up for my second year of plowin with fresh fluid, clean screens, and new pro wings on my plow. Everything works fine. :cool: It snows. I hook up and head out. At the sight when I lift it went left all the way then up. Several times. Added fluid. Seemed to help a little. Several more pushes and I see I have a leak from somewhere on top - possibley a hose swivel, but fluid level is still ok. Motor runs for uplift but it only would go left. Now at the last the motor wont even run for uplift, but left and right angle still works fine... :cry: So, anybody have this happen? Do I have one thing to trouble shoot here or more than one? :help:

Thanks for any help on this!
  2. madadam

madadam Junior Member

Try meyer.com there are some troubleshooting links there. Mine would go up and down know problem angle right put know left found bad quick disconnect.
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

First you need to check the connections at the pump that go to the control valve coils. Make sure all the connections are tight. A little dielectric grease on all the coil connections is a good idea. You need to check for power at the B coil (Red Wire). If you have power at the B coil then you need to see if it has magnetism.
  4. 350pusher

350pusher Junior Member
    from WI

Well, I'm still working on this one. :( The connections to the solenoids/valves on the pump are good and have dielectric grease as do all the other connects- ( did'em up fresh earlier ) Also I seem to have the magnetism on the coils too. :nod: Should I throw in new switches or new valves?

92 F-350 4X4 Crew IDI Diesel Auto
    7.5 Meyer w/ Pro Wings
    JD 245 blower
    Spyker push spreader
  5. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

I had a 47 and if the motor doesn't run in every position then the sw is bad. It has to operate the solenoid in all 3 locations ..U R L. get that fixed first.