1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer E-47 goes left instead of up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bcautousa, Dec 12, 2010.

1. bcautousa

bcautousa Junior Member

Hey folks, I just got done putting new parts in my E-47 AGAIN and I am still having a problem. I replaced the motor, A valve & coil (black wire), and C coil and valve (green wire) because it would not angle, was stuck to the left, and intermittently didn't want to go up and down. Also the motor sounded sick. Now it won't go up, goes to the left instead. Bad C valve right? Well, it's brand new and I don't want to cough up another 120 bucks to try another. I got frustrated and had to walk away, but when I was playing with it I found that sometimes if I loosened the nut off the C coil it would work. No idea why that would be as it is not energized when trying to raise the blade. You guys think I got a bad valve? Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Check your ground on the truck. If it's shorting out it would cause some of these symptoms. Have you replaced your fluid lately? Flush the system after you check your grounds and see if this helps.
  3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

When raising check for magnetism at the "B" valve , it needs to see power while activating the raise function. If the "B" valve does not react when activalting the raise function the plow will default left.

Will it angle left and right?

4. bcautousa

bcautousa Junior Member

Fluid ok, goes left and right last I tried. Will check B valve in the morning.