1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer DrivePRO with pistol grip controller

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by boblupe, Feb 17, 2014.

1. boblupe

boblupe Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the issue I am having with my Meyer. I operate with the pistol grip controller and since new, it never consistently actuates up when i press the up arrow. Sometimes it takes two or three presses before it moves. Sometimes it goes up on the first press. So I never know how to time my lift so I end up tearing up a customer's lawn. All other functions operate perfectly. I at first assumed a bad "B" solenoid but I noticed that when I press the up arrow I hear nothing from the motor solenoid mounted on my firewall. Not that audible "Click" I hear actuating the motor. I am thinking it's the controller but before I spend $200-$300 on a new one, does anyone have any ideas or how to test the controller? Is this common?

Thank you for your Help!