1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer DP 6'8" or Snowdogg MD 68

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by nicklausreign, Feb 14, 2013.

1. nicklausreign

nicklausreign Junior Member

Hi. I need help deciding between these 2 plows on a jeep unlimited 2012 stock. I need for 2 small lots about 25 cars each. The $1000 price difference is important but I never heard of a snowdogg. I'm new to plowing. Help!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Both built in Cleveland ohio and snow dogg is pretty new to the scene in regards to plows. They make a good product and the price point is good. For the work you are doing save the 1000 and go with the dogg. Meyer is trying to win back customers it lost due to poor pump design and reliability. heard they are monarch pumps now and making improvements. Go look at the plows and talk to the salesman.

3. nicklausreign

nicklausreign Junior Member

Thanks so much. That is a big help

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Had mine two years (VX95) and can't say enough good things about it. Im coming from Fisher & Boss plows.

5. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

Dogg all the way.

6. sgpmi10

sgpmi10 Junior Member
    from Wall NJ

boss plows had alot of problems with my friends snow dogg plow

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Is there only one dealer? The most important thing is good dealer support. Check there dealer in the area, find out who is open all night during storms, carries the inventory to support you and is close to your operating area. A grand is not a lot of money if you're sitting in a parking lot waiting for a shop to open, or the UPS man to arrive with the parts.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

............:confused::confused:

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

x2

I think some ointment will cure it though