1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Dodge 2500 Mounting Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Doug M., Nov 21, 2011.

1. Doug M.

Doug M. Junior Member

I'm removing a Meyer C8 EZ Plus system from a 1995 Dodge 2500 with Cummins and Installing it on a 2001 Dodge 2500 with Cummins. I have two questions: First, everything seems to mount up OK except the LH side member that bolts to the frame behind the steering box. The crossmember is bigger in the 01 and looks like we need a different ( longer) bracket. Is there a diiferent mount and would anyone know the part #?

Second, the lighting system seems to be different because the 01 has what some call a positive ground. I would call it a ground side switch for the headlamps. I think I will need new harnesses. Thanks!
  2. donjhart

donjhart Junior Member

I moved a meyer classic mount from a 94 dodge diesel to a 01 and the mount worked just fine I did have to make 1 of the holes larger for it to fit,as for the wiring harness for the lights Central Parts Warehouse sells an adapter for your lights.