1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer/Diamond vs. Fisher

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Khowie644, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

Currently looking into getting a spreader for my accounts that take sand,
    doing them by hand right now but my back is starting to go out with all the shoveling.
    I do have access to a loader to load a spreader from my sand pile but with all the snow we're getting (lol) I think I'm just going to stick with a cheap one for this year.
    For sale in my area there's a 2 year old Meyer/Diamond SS 1.5 yrd gas spreader for $1500, and a new (used twice) Fisher speedcaster 2 under bed mount for $2700. I do want to get the Meyer so I can have the bigger spreader in case I expand next year but I hear a lot about how un-reliable they are, and the fisher is in great shape, but still going to end up in the same boat of my back hurting with filling it.

So, your thoughts on to pull the trigger on the Meyer or not?
  2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Myer sander. It is a 1999 and still runs great. It does need a lot more maintenance than the electric. But it will blow the electric one away when it comes to spreading.