1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer/Diamond interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Nov 6, 2008.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looking at a 94 f 250 with a meyer plow set-up minus the blade. Will a Diamond blade work with the e-47? pump and meyer mount? I've only used Fishers and I like the trip edge style plow. Any insight is appreciated.

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Where are you located in the North East? Can you post any pictures of your current plow and mounts? It may help,

From my experienceand I'm almost willing to bet my signature, you will have to modify the mounting ears on your diamond plow to work with the Meyers Mounting Carton.

The Diamond plows typically used two diffrent mounting hinge systems prior to the MDII version, commonly referred to as the " Pull-Away" system. In order to use the Diamond blade you will have to make some cuts and possibly removal of the Diamond mounting plates , and weld a heavy ( 3/8" x 3.5") piece of steel acroos the back and weld on a set Meyer hinges. The modification is not difficult and any good welder should be able to make the changes in about 3 hours and $60-$75 worth of parts and materials.

I've done quite a few of these types of change overs

here's a Pull Away to MDII conversion I recently did

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice clean job. I don't have the truck yet- just trying to become aquainted with the Meyer Diamond product. Does that modification leave enough curb clearance for when you push piles back? Thanks for your help.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If you make the A-Frame length on the Diamond the same distance from the cutting edge to the hinge as on a Meyer C-8 it should all work the same.

5. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Nice job! :salute: