1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer/Diamond EZ-Mount Express?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by intlco, Nov 24, 2004.

1. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Have you guys seen this new Meyer or Diamond EZ-Mount Xpress?
    I just seen it on their site and had question about it?
    Does anyone have one of these units?

I noticed that it said that it goes up and down automatic when you back up or drive forward.
    Can you turn off these automatic smart control feature when you don't want to use them?

The new mount looks cool. You get a brush guard that stay on the truck and the plow hooks up easy. And the control says it plugs in the lighter outlet, so you don't have to drill holes in your truck.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  2. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

3. tjr

tjr Junior Member
    from OH

I just brought my new Meyer Xpress home last night. There are actually two automatic modes you can select on controller. One will automatically lower the plow when put in Drive and then lower when put in Reverse, the other will automatically lower the plow in Reverse and raise when put in Drive.

The controller does plug into a cigarette style outlet, but it does not use the one that is already on your truck. A new one is installed that runs directly from the battery so there is no interference, so there is one wire that must go through the firewall.

4. intlco

intlco Senior Member

When you don't what to use the AUTO mode, can you shut it off and use it the conventional way where you put the blade up and down?

What kind of blade comes with this mount?
    Can you get this mount with a diamond blade?

5. tjr

tjr Junior Member
    from OH

There are buttons on the controller to easily turn the modes on and off. There is a button labeled ARM (automatic raise mode) and one labeled ALM (automatic lower mode). You can use one or the other and you can simply hit the button to toggle it on & off. There is a button to enable "wigwag" mode that causes your turn signals to flash left then right, etc. There is a button for "Shake" that casues the plow to shake for several seconds to help remove snow that may be sticking to it (when you hit the shake button hang on :) you can really feel it.) There is also a menu button. That's all I can remember.

With the Xpress system package you can choose a 7.5' or 8' steel blade. I don't know if any other choices are available with the new mount.

6. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Ive never really been interested in Meyer plows but now I'm very interested. :bluebounc Questions though. Does that guard stay on all the time or can you take it off too and how much are they.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

8. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I think Im in love but how much do they weigh and is their a list of what they can be mounted to.

9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Iam not interested, leaves a bunch of crap on the truck, but thats what meyer specializes in.

10. Buckeye Chuck

Contrare, they actually have three mounting systems. One being the EZ Mount Plus unit, which is a quick disconnect that allows you to remove everything as a single unit, frame, hydraulic system, mouldboard.

11. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I'd rather have a big mount on my truck than have a deer smashed through my grill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will only buy a blade that part of the mount is on the truck. That's why I've deceided to go with Blizzard blades on our new trucks.

That new meyers mount with a grill guard looks great, and they have an option on their website where you can buy the side headlight guards for their grill guard, so it looks just like a HD Grill Guard (DEER KILLER) when the plow is off!!!
    Too bad nodoby is selling these in my region.

12. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

What are you talking about :dizzy: . Blizzard Plows do not have a mount that stays on your truck. Unless your talking about the one underneath it in which all plows have one.

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

to many bells and sh@t on it to go wrong imo

14. biggtruck

biggtruck Junior Member

I saw one at the dealer yesterday, looked nice. After owning a blizzard and loving there mounting system, its good to see meyers adressing one of there weak points. Getting the damn thing on!!!

15. intlco

intlco Senior Member

The light bar on the Blizzard can stay on the truck without the plow.
    I'm just gonna get the light bar re-enforced so it won't break or bend and it'll work as a good Grill Guard.

16. cja1987

Yes, i know all about all of their mounts, EZ-Mount is the one where the headgear is separate from the blade and is a tubelar design. The headgear is a PITA to get off, so most people leave it on all winter. The truckside mount that remains is ugly and hangs too low. The MDII is better, but still not as nice as those mounts offered by other plow companies. If they are going to make a "quick mount" like all the other comapanies why don't thay take into consideration the year round appearence of the vehicle? Dumb if you ask me. Meyer mounts conventional or otherwise, dominate the front of the truck, you always notice them and they are ugly. Thats just my opinion, its a big deal to me, others don't care. Meyer has failed yet again with this design IMO.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :waving:

17. Buckeye Chuck

Chris the tubular type is the Easy Mount Classic. The Easy Mount Plus doesn't seem to leave anything much on the truck. Western and Meyer both have some frame work that stays underneath. Western you can pull off the small receiver brackets but it still looks lower than the Meyer. Am I missing something?
    Thanks

18. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I have the md2 plow with e-60 pump. I believe it is the quick hitch. I will get a couple of pictures of what the front looks like with no plow on. I have posted in the picture forum my truck with the plow and then you can see what is left after taking it off. I like it the only thing they had to cut into the guard (cannot think of the proper name right now)on the bottom of the truck.

19. cja1987

Yes, i understand, your not telling me anything i don't alredy know. Western and Meyer only resemble eachother with the conventional mounts. Unimount and EZ-Mount classic do not resemble eachother. Ultramount and MDII don't resemble eachother either. With the Easy Mount Express, I believe (look at meyers website) a big grill guard must be on the front of the truck. I know everything else comes off but that stays. An idea that i don't like, how much do you have to alter the appearence of the truck? I perfer more low profile mounts then meyeoffers , i could live with the MDII but thats it. Its just personal perference.

20. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Now we can see why all the auto makers have reduced our HD Trucks into nothing more than plastic looking weak vehicles designed for women and kids.
    There's more piss off guys out west than you can imagine that would like to take the big CEO's and hang em high from a tree in the hot Wyo desert.
    90% of the trucks out here, the guys take that wanna be bumper off and junk em and have to add a real steel bumper with a grill guard. Then they take that cheap bed box off and replace it with a flatbed or service body. Something that will hold up to real work.

If you want to buy a truck for looks like women and kids do, get a car. A snowplow truck should look like a work truck. You show up on a job without a real work truck out here, they'll just laugh you off the job-site.

Meyers new mount looks good and is more applicable to the needs of real work trucks.
    I'm gettin the feeling that some of these guys only plow snow and don't work in construction. Cause I've never seen a dressed up truck on any of our highway projects or construction jobs. Our trucks see over 100k miles a year and looks don't mean a dam thing. When you have real work, you don't have time to look at the front of your truck.

If we didn't have so many wanna be's, we'd have it better.